I have nothing really important to say right now - though I do have a few semi-interesting posts to share in a few weeks. However, I felt that plagiarizing Kali's meme would be good way for me to take my mind off things as I sit here noshing on lunch, and to answer several mind-blowing questions that will change how you view me as a person... I think.
1. What are you wearing?
Araks robe, Uggs slippers, Target tank top & modal capri tights from The Gap.
2. Have you ever been in love?
3. Have you even gone through a horrible breakup?
Nah, I'm a pretty amicable person.
4. How tall are you?
5 ft. 1in.
5. How Much do you weigh?
Seriously? 108 lbs on a good day.
6. Do you have tattoos?
7. Do you have piercings?
Just the ears.
8. What is the ideal couple to you?
Paul Newman and Joanna Woodward! An ideal couple would be equal parts lovers and equal parts friends.
9. Your favourite TV show?
Favorite TV show ever was Fawlty Towers though I actually just caught reruns of it twenty years later. I was also a huge fan of Quantum Leap (Oh, boy!). Newer favorites include the perfunctory Sherlock, The West Wing, Arrested Development and Boardwalk Empire. I don't actually watch very much TV anymore *sad face*
10. Your favourite band?
My all time favorite bands are Blur and The Divine Comedy. Current favorites are Owen Pallett, Fanfarlo, Ramona Falls and The New Pornographers.
11. Something you're missing?
Food from home (and my mom).
12. Your favourite song?
EVER? Interpol's 'Obstacle 1'. It's my drunk song. And 'Speedway' by Morrissey.
13. How old are you?
14. What's your astrological sign?
15. An essential quality for a boyfriend?
I don't know... being mind numbingly smoking hot?
16. Favourite Quote?
'To have great wealth means to live sparingly with a clear heart; small wants are always met' - Lucretius, De Rarum de Natura, Book Five, Line 1115-1116
17. Favourite Actor?
Of all time? Cary Grant!!!! I also used to really like Robert De Niro and John Cusack, but I have no idea what happened to them. Recently, I'm having the hots for James McAvoy and sometimes Christian Bale when he isn't being weird.
18. Favourite Colour?
19. Do you listen to music at a low or high volume?
20. Where do you go when you are sad?
I snuggle next to my dog.
21. How long do you stay in the shower?
Depends on what I'm doing. Some things just take longer.
22. How long does it take to get ready in the morning?
Ten minutes - Brush teeth, rinse face, toner, moisturizer, eye cream, sun block, lip gloss, brow gel and brush unruly hair. I always wake up late, so I don't spend too much time getting ready.
23. Did you ever get in a fight?
A fist fight? I think when I was six, I threw someone's backpack out of a moving bus. He was understandably displeased. That's the last fist fight I remember. I get into arguments a lot though.
24. Something that seduces you in a man?
Being very, very smart.
25. The most repelling thing in a man?
26. Why do you have a blog?
To make lots and lots of money... no, just as a form of procrastination and a place to air my thoughts and get feedback.
27. What are you afraid of?
My dog dying.
28. The last thing that made you cry?
The thought of my dog dying.
29. The last time you said "I love you"?
Sometime in the last 30 seconds.
30. What does your blog name mean?
It's a song by The Foundry Field Recordings off one my favorite albums from 2006.
31. The latest book you read?
'A Collection of Essays' by George Orwell.
32. What are you currently reading?
'Predictably Irrational' by Dan Ariely.
33. The latest TV series you watched?
Downton Abbey and Broadchurch.
34. The last person you talked to?
35. Who did you last text with?
Kimmie from Blue Paper Lanterns.
36. Your favourite food?
37. Places you want to visit?
Japan, Sardinia, Scotland, Iceland and Prague.
38. The last place you visited?
39. Are you currently sweet on someone?
I'm not 16.
40. The last person you kissed?
The dog, I think. I kissed my husband this morning.
41. The last insult you were told?
Why is it taking you so long to finish grad school? *cries*
42. Your favourite candy flavour?
43. Do you play an instrument?
No, but I want to learn the violin!
44. Your favourite piece of jewelry? .
My first anniversary gift from husband - a Blanca Monros Gomez ring.
45. The last sport session you practiced?
46. The latest song you sang?
'Crazy for You' by Madonna.
47. Your favourite catch phrase?
'McFly.... hoverboards don't work on water, unless you've got power!'
48. Have you ever used it?
Every single day, it's how I greet my husband.
49. Your last evening out?
I don't even remember anymore. I go out for lunches but I think the last time I went out in the evening was three weeks ago.
50. Who are you tagging?
Anyone with something interesting to share! This was really fun.